text/html; charset=utf-8" /> Lovescool – For the Love of Dessert » Blog Archive » Dark Chocolate Strikes Back

March

Dark Chocolate Strikes Back

New dark chocolate M&M'sNew Dark Chocolate M&M’s will be released this Friday, April 1 as part of the “The Star Wars Chocolate M-Pire” promotion for the upcoming release of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith . Collectible packaging will show M&M characters in Star Wars costumes and include movie and M&M trivia under the wrapper. Masterfoods USA, the makers of M&M’s, are not saying how long the candy will be available in stores, but I hope those lovable M&Ms show their dark side long past the movie’s debut. Candy coated dark chocolate is a welcome addition to the check-out stand.

View the Chocolate M-Pire movie trailer

hella nervous says on April 1st, 2005 at 2:59 am:

[...] ay! I love it. Everyone needs to buy jewelry from smallthings! Four: I really like the Dark Chocolate M&Ms packaging. Via Not Martha. Five: Blame Clothing Co.R [...]

Liz says on March 30th, 2005 at 1:59 pm:

A store by me broke street date and I picked them both up. The oeanut is hard to tell it’s a dark chocolate. I guess you could say it’s a bit more bitter. The plain are still very sweet, it’s best described as mass market dark chocolate. Not bad over all and the bags are WAY cute!

Kelli says on March 30th, 2005 at 3:53 pm:

Thanks for the inside scoop! Where is this great store you speak of??

Liz says on March 30th, 2005 at 3:59 pm:

It’s in Cleveland, Ohio. So I don’t think it will help you much. But it’s Marc’s.

Sophie says on March 30th, 2005 at 5:29 pm:

Sweetened for the masses eh…? They need some real hardcore dark-chocolate M&M’s.

liz says on March 30th, 2005 at 6:08 pm:

revenge of the sith, not sixth.

liz

Sophie says on March 30th, 2005 at 8:22 pm:

No – it was right the first time – Revenge of the Sixth (i.e. the sixth nauseating installment of a director’s attempt at milking a dying franchise for every penny it’s worth…)

Katie says on March 30th, 2005 at 8:34 pm:

I grew out of the too-sweet milk-chocolate M&Ms years ago, but these sound like they’re worth a try.

Great blog – thanks for the sweet reading!

Sophie says on March 30th, 2005 at 8:36 pm:

Kelli and Andrew – I love your blog!! Just absolutely LOVE IT!

I know it must be hard work to maintain these cool stories because of your busy careers but I can be selfish right?

I certainly hope that (maybe sometimes – not all the time) this blog would have more than one story a day.

Reading this blog mis a real treat for me – I’ve gotten all my friends hooked on it too!!!!

Love ya! :)

Debbie says on March 30th, 2005 at 9:47 pm:

Dark chocolate beats milk chocolate any day. Can’t wait to try ‘em.

debbie says on March 30th, 2005 at 9:52 pm:

It’s a little pathetic how excited I was to read this post. All my chocolate snobbery goes right out the window when it comes to M&Ms, and the idea of those sweet little nuggets in dark chocolate redeems them just a little…

Sophie says on March 30th, 2005 at 10:18 pm:

It’s not pathetic Debbie – yer just a dark-choc-a-holic just like me :)

PS: I enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for the link!

Sophie says on March 30th, 2005 at 10:20 pm:

BTW – wht’s the sugar high friday topic for this week?

PPS: Still lovin’ you guys :)

Kelli says on March 30th, 2005 at 11:01 pm:

Hi Sophie — Thanks for all the love. We’d like to post more than one a day, but we’d have to quit our day jobs to do that! As for the SHF, I don’t think the next one has been posted yet.

I’m with the Debbies, I can’t wait to try these M&M’s too…

Louise says on March 31st, 2005 at 1:04 am:

I saw these last night at my local Walmart super store.*blush*

Keri says on March 31st, 2005 at 11:46 pm:

I’m so there. I like milk chocolate fine, but it’s the dark chocolate I truly love. Milk chocolate is just a diluted version of the real thing.

Coco says on April 11th, 2005 at 2:16 pm:

Has anyone found these in New York City? I’ve been looking in any deli I go into, but no luck!

Christine says on May 2nd, 2005 at 4:31 pm:

Where do I find these Dark Chocolate M&M’s???? I’ve searched everywhere!! Please help!

Kelli says on May 2nd, 2005 at 4:34 pm:

Hi Christine and Coco — I wish I knew how to help! I’ve heard good old WalMart was carrying them for awhile, but I can’t find these anywhere in New York City. I have yet to check the M&Ms store in Times Square though, I hope they have them there!

Cindy says on May 4th, 2005 at 5:16 pm:

I live in northern Jersey and I’ve had about 5 people searching for these also. We’ve tried small local vendors, the movie theater, Walmart, Target, and supermarkets and cannot find them anywhere!!! So if anyone in the NYC area finds them please let me know! I’m going up to Boston this weekend, and will stop to search on the way in different states. I didn’t know they’ve been on the market for so long already!

Kelli says on May 11th, 2005 at 11:19 pm:

I FINALLY FOUND THEM!! The Target in White Plains, New York sells them. You can find them at the front check out stands (for some reason they weren’t on display in the candy aisle). I think they’re good, but surprisingly similar to standard Milk Chocolate M&Ms.