text/html; charset=utf-8" /> Lovescool – For the Love of Dessert » Blog Archive » Pocky Decorer

May

Pocky Decorer

Pocky Decorer in Strawberry and Chocolate Pocky, a long, thin cookie dipped in a chocolate-like coating, has been going strong with simple flavors like Green Tea, Chocolate and Strawberry as long as I have known it. It is difficult to pick a favorite since all flavors are unique and good in their own way. Browsing the internet one day, I came across a quiz that claimed it could tell me which flavor of Pocky best represents me. I took the quiz, and not surprisingly the results came back “Chocolate.” While I certainly agree that Chocolate fits me, the results seemed too limiting. How could I ignore all the other flavors I have grown to love?

After much hesitation about my “Chocolate” label, I finally found the answer that freed me. In a small Japanese store in Manhattan I came across a box of Limited Edition Pocky Decorer in Chocolate and Strawberry. Two in one! I no longer had to decide. There were also boxes of Chocolate and Caramel, Chocolate and Banana, Mont Blanc Chocolate and more. With all these fun, new combinations, choosing chocolate no longer meant excluding the others. I’m now proud to say that Chocolate Pocky is the flavor that best represents me, as long as I can also throw in strawberry, caramel or banana on top.

Strawberry and chocolate Pocky

Available at the Samurai Japanese Outlet
200 Grand Street
New York, NY
(212) 219-2010
Note: This store also has really cute tupperware with a character named “Sugar Dog”. I love it!

Available on Amazon.com
Pocky Decorer >

Pocky Flavor Quiz
Find your Pocky flavor at www.sugardew.com

Sophie says on May 10th, 2005 at 3:13 pm:

What are these? Cookies? I’ve never tried them :( Are they like Pirolines?

Kelli says on May 10th, 2005 at 3:36 pm:

Hi Sophie- Pocky is a Japanese cookie-like treat. The only way I know how to describe it is like a long, thin cookie “stick” dipped in chocolate. It’s solid cookie, nothing on the inside like a Piroline. You can find Pocky at most Asian grocery stores or online like I mentioned. Give them a try if you get a chance! They’re good.

Jessica says on May 10th, 2005 at 9:36 pm:

Ha, I was at Samurai last night after eating dinner at Nyonya!

Sophie says on May 11th, 2005 at 6:34 am:

What the heck with the non-sequitur’s Jessica…? We’re supposed to be talking pocky :) And your website is WAY overdue for a new post!!!!

Kelli says on May 11th, 2005 at 7:54 am:

Actually, it’s totally relevant since I also found Samurai after eating at Nyona! What a coincidence. It’s a great restaurant, but I’m not allowed to talk about that here since it’s not a dessert place :)

krista says on May 13th, 2005 at 11:14 am:

LOve, Love Love pockys they totally rock!!!!! A great tiny sweet.

Jacqueline says on May 19th, 2005 at 9:50 am:

I find it hilarious that they have “Men’s Pocky” which is a more robust, dark-chocolate Pocky for men. Tee Hee.

They also have “Giant Pocky” which is just Really Big Pocky in a Really Big Box.

Jacqueline says on May 19th, 2005 at 9:52 am:

Here’s a link to “Men’s Pocky” along with some info about how Pocky got its name.

Kelli says on May 19th, 2005 at 10:09 am:

That’s hilarious! I’ve never seen “Men’s Pocky” before. Thanks for the link.

Pocky-girl says on July 1st, 2006 at 10:12 am:

I love pocky!! But I have only tasted three different tastes :( But they all tasted amazingly good :9 I hope, I someday will come to Japan and taste a lot f the other flavors :D

Cia && Mia says on September 9th, 2006 at 1:51 pm:

My sister mia and i just watched some of the comercials about the pocky’s and they look sooo yummy!!
I’m excited about buying some!!
I know they will taste GREAT!!!