text/html; charset=utf-8" /> Lovescool – For the Love of Dessert » Blog Archive » New York Times!

April
2006

New York Times!

Today Amai Tea & Bake House got its first press mention in the New York Times. It’s a small note about how we supply baked goods to Tavalon Tea Bar in Union Square. My favorite part about the article is how we’re mentioned right next to one of my favorite places in the city, Balthazar Bakery. What an honor. Tavalon is having their grand opening celebration this weekend, so stop by, drink tea and of course, eat cookies!

Kristin says on April 12th, 2006 at 12:52 pm:

Congrats!!! I’m proud….next it’s TV!

Robyn says on April 12th, 2006 at 3:13 pm:

I went there over the weekend and saw your cookies!

Weee! …Unfortunately, I wasn’t in a cookie mood (I know, horrible of me) so I didn’t get anything, but next time, YES!

sam says on April 12th, 2006 at 4:53 pm:

Hi Kelli,

Congrats on your mention in the New York Times! I’m heading to NYC in a couple of weeks so I will definately drop by Amai Tea & Bake House. You have a great blog and I have added you to my blog roll. Cheers!

Karen says on April 12th, 2006 at 6:43 pm:

Congratulations! If I had known, I would’ve grabbed a copy of the newspaper today.

shuna fish lydon says on April 12th, 2006 at 7:21 pm:

C O G R A T U L A T I O N S !!
too bad I can’t say i knew you when…but I’ll get a taste soon I’m sure.
don’t forget to celebrate– this is a big deal!

McAuliflower says on April 12th, 2006 at 7:43 pm:

Zoiks! Go get several more copies of the paper, and get one of them professionally framed- you won’t regret it!

Kelli says on April 12th, 2006 at 10:09 pm:

Thanks everyone! It’s pretty crazy when you think about how many people actually read the New York Times. It’s a big moment for us.

Jiraffe7 says on April 13th, 2006 at 8:49 am:

Wow, that’s amazing! from the looks of the cookie counter, looks like you’re getting awesome counter space too! Congrats!

Hi says on April 13th, 2006 at 3:48 pm:

Congratulations!!

Mindy says on April 14th, 2006 at 9:34 am:

Congratulations, Kelli–keep me posted on Amai and how you’re doing! :)

Nahal says on April 14th, 2006 at 7:57 pm:

wooooohooooo!!!!

Kelli says on April 15th, 2006 at 9:33 am:

Thanks everyone for your support. I really appreciate it!

sebastian says on April 18th, 2006 at 3:27 pm:

got every flavor available at tavalon last week. the salon is nice and your cookies are yummy (my friend esp enjoyed the lemongrass). placed alongside such high-end names (and some of my city-wide faves), you’re off to a great start!

Jiraffe7 says on April 28th, 2006 at 9:20 am:

Was just reading my Shecky’s email. Looks like you just got similar coverage via Tavalon on their “on the scene NYC” email!

site admin says on May 3rd, 2006 at 8:52 am:

Shecky’s was a nice, unexpected suprise. Thanks for noticing!

cheryl says on May 6th, 2006 at 9:26 pm:

How much FUN to see your name in print. Congratulations!

panasianbiz says on May 16th, 2006 at 9:28 pm:

Wow! Congratulations to you on such a worthy mention in such a prestigious rag.

Good for you and I hope it motivates you to keep turning out good work.

Kimmie says on May 26th, 2006 at 11:11 pm:

I am in love with the green tea cookies (anything that has green tea in it means I have to try it). I had them at Tavalon and loved them so much I included them on my blog. Hopefully, more people will run out to get a taste os these amazing cookies!