text/html; charset=utf-8" /> Lovescool – For the Love of Dessert » Blog Archive » We’re Fancy!

June
2006

We’re Fancy!

Amai will be participating in the Fancy Food Show in New York City from July 9-11, 2006. We will be showcasing our new Tea Sweets and Botanical Brownie packaging and offering plenty of samples of each. It is amazing to think that I was just an attendee last year, dreaming of starting my own company, and now we will be part of it all. Deciding to participate was a big decision for us. We are still a small company, but are growing quickly and have had great response from our customers. We debated waiting until 2007 to debut at the show, but ultimately decided we are ready to get things moving. The show will be a great opportunity to meet buyers from around the world, and see many of you in person. Please stop by if you are attending. (Feel free to bring me samples that you find from others along the way! I may be tied to the Amai booth the entire show.) I look forward to seeing you all in July.

52nd Summer Fancy Food Show
AMAI BOOTH #3072
July 9-11, 2006
Javits Center
New York, NY
www.specialtyfood.com

Kristin says on June 11th, 2006 at 4:29 pm:

YAY! Congrats! Wish I could be there but once again I miss all the fun stuff! Have a good time though.

McAuliflower says on June 12th, 2006 at 12:30 am:

wow! Not only are you in the big time- but you’re one of the cool kids ;)

congrats

jenjen says on June 14th, 2006 at 3:05 am:

That’s so great! Hope you guys have a great day and meet lots of people.
I wish I could be there to taste all your treats, they look so delicious.
Fancy sending some over to Australia?

Maria loves pictures says on June 16th, 2006 at 8:11 am:

The show appears very inviting to me.
I guess a lot of great people with passion for food will visit the show. I think the word “Fancy” surely means that the food is going to be exotic or creatively made.

cheryl says on June 18th, 2006 at 10:31 am:

That is so Awesome & Inspirational! I am sure you will get lots of orders. Can’t wait to hear the details.

Gerald says on June 22nd, 2006 at 1:22 pm:

Can’t wait! Hopefully I’ll be able to be there for the first or second day. I’ll make sure and say Hi!

Anni says on June 25th, 2006 at 1:20 am:

Way to go! Be sure to wear comfortable, but fashionable shoes! (Carrie Bradshaw would be so proud!)
Hope to see you at the West Coast Fancy Food show in January, 2007! Congratulations!

Tootles,
Anni :-)

site admin says on June 25th, 2006 at 5:29 pm:

Thanks everyone. Our booth is coming along nicely. It will be a mix of red, brown and tan fabrics and a long table set in the middle with products and samples displayed on bamboo posts. Now the only thing left to settle is what we will all wear. I’m still battling the shoe issue Anni! I have no idea what to wear yet.

keiko says on July 2nd, 2006 at 7:22 pm:

Oh Kelli, I wish I could be there, very best of luck and looking forward to hearing about it.

Anita says on July 3rd, 2006 at 7:03 pm:

Hi there,
Just discovered your page and am thrilled to find such a beautiful baking blog! I wish I could be in NYC to see your display; I loved the city when I visited it. Best of luck with your business!

Lovescool - For the Love of Dessert » Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter says on July 4th, 2006 at 1:11 pm:

[...] For the past 2 years I have spent the 4th of July at my friend Matt’s house, watching fireworks over the Statue of Liberty. Each year Andrew and I head downtown with some dessert creation I made up the night before, and unfortunately for Matt and Andrew, first time isn’t usually the charm. The first year I experimented with red, white and blue sugar cookies that were so hard they could chip a tooth. The second year I made cherry ice cream (sans ice cream maker) in tuile bowls, and neither traveled well. Being such good friends, Andrew and Matt always smiled and complimented the desserts, but I know they were secretly worried about my carrier as a baker. Even though I have been incredibly busy preparing for the Fancy Food Show this week, I got the creative urge that always seems to hit me on July 3 and decided to give ice cream sandwiches a try. [...]

Kelly says on July 10th, 2006 at 11:28 am:

Hi!

We looked for you, but to no avail.
If you ever start baking gluten-free treats please let us know!

Gail says on July 19th, 2006 at 5:55 pm:

HI Kelli,

Somehow I missed you at the show. I can’t imagine how… but fortunately I discovered your amazing cookies at Takashimaya. The box filled with lots of goodies that I shipped home from the store just arrived, Please tell me how I can contact you directly as I would love to sell your product in my Los Angeles shop.

KB says on July 21st, 2006 at 2:34 pm:

do you have any pictures of your booth at the show? can you describe your experience? was the show worth participating in?

Kelli says on July 22nd, 2006 at 10:21 am:

I apologize, I am seriously overdue for a couple posts now, especially about our Fancy Food Show experience. I will get to as soon as I can. Thanks for checking back!