text/html; charset=utf-8" /> Lovescool – For the Love of Dessert » Blog Archive » Amai on Rachael Ray

November
2006

Amai on Rachael Ray

Amai's Green Tea Cookies

Speaking of television appearances…Amai will make its debut this week! Our Green Tea cookies will be “snack of the day” on the Rachael Ray Show this Friday, December 1. The show will feature holiday gifts, and each audience member will take home their own Amai Tea Sweets canister. How great is that?!

To ensure they arrived in perfect shape, I personally delivered the cookies to the Rachel Ray offices in New York City. I expected to drop them off in the shipping and receiving area, but the doorman thought I worked for the show and brought me right up to the staff kitchen. Normally I would have welcomed the chance to visit the office, but after a long day of baking I was not exactly presentable. This may explain why the cookies will be on air and I won’t! To make matters worse, I noticed something on my face as I walked past the mirrored elevators on the way out. I can’t feel too self-conscious about it though, since there is a big picture of Rachael Ray with a hand drawn mustache over her face in the hall.

I’m not sure how prominently Amai’s Tea Sweets will be featured, but I look forward to finding out on Friday. I hope to hear many “Yum-O” and “Delish” comments from the audience.

Happy holiday shopping!

Amai on Rachael Ray
Friday, December 1, 2006

To find the showtime in your area, visit the Rachael Ray website >

To understand what you watched after the show is over, use the Rachael Ray dictionary

Mary says on November 27th, 2006 at 9:35 pm:

How fun! I hope you’re ready for lots of orders! :)

McAuliflower says on November 28th, 2006 at 1:58 am:

Wowsa! That’s kind of like an Oprah stunt!

anh-minh says on November 28th, 2006 at 1:27 pm:

wow. congrats in advance! i will have to set the dvr to tape rr’s show on friday. (p.s. the green tea cookies might be my favorite of the tea sweets — although it’s really a tough call b/c i enjoy them all so much.)

Mariko says on November 28th, 2006 at 3:17 pm:

That is so great! Congratulations! I have never even watched her show, but I will on Friday if I can bear it!

Kelli Bernard says on November 28th, 2006 at 3:35 pm:

Thanks everyone! I wasn’t sure of the Green Tea cookies at first – they have a coating of sparkling sugar which looks great and gives them a nice crunch, but I was worried it detracted too much from the tea taste. After seeing them for awhile now, they might be my favorite as well. They are unlike any other green tea cookie I’ve had in other places, and I love that. If only they would stay as bright green as they are when they first come out of the oven. You should see those things – they’re practically neon!

Thanks for your bravery Mariko ;)

Laurie says on November 29th, 2006 at 8:38 pm:

I will be glued to my tv. Debbie is coming over at noon & we will watch together. How good is that you ask?!? Very Good Indeed! :-)

cheryl says on November 29th, 2006 at 9:18 pm:

Yeah!!! Congratulations Kelli That is such great news!

Kristen says on November 30th, 2006 at 4:20 pm:

This is fantastic! I hope you are ready for a huge boom in business and sales of the Green Tea cookies. Congratulations on “making it” :)

Cheryl & Griffith says on December 1st, 2006 at 10:39 am:

Congrats Kelly – What a great opportunity.
I’m sure you will a great response from the exposure.

G

Kristin says on December 3rd, 2006 at 3:23 pm:

Now that my sister is so famous it’s really hard for me to even walk down the street without being harassed and asked what’s it like to be related to the great mind Amai Tea and Bake House. Lucky for you I am friendly and tell them how proud I am but if this Amai gets any bigger I’m going incognito!

Laura says on December 4th, 2006 at 12:56 am:

Kelli,

Congrats on all your success! I just read this post, so I missed your TV debut, but I’m sure many more appearances will follow.

Kelli Bernard says on December 4th, 2006 at 7:45 am:

Thanks everyone. The clip was short and if you looked away or took a phone call (like I did) you would miss it, but it was still great. We set up a TV in the kitchen and I made a phone call about an order during a commercial break, only to come back and hear Lara say “she’s missing it!”. What timing. :) Luckily many wonderful people recorded it for us. Thank you to everyone who watched it and took the time to save it. We saw an immediate increase in our web traffic and orders. The RR site links over to Amai now, and that’s probably the best part about everything in the end. It’s a great television start!

Kelli Bernard says on December 4th, 2006 at 7:46 am:

Oh yes- Kristin, you look like me so good luck with the whole “incognito” thing. Somehow I don’t think it will be problem though :)

Angela Willis says on December 4th, 2006 at 4:02 pm:

Fantastic Kelli! Congrats!

Angela

Linda says on December 8th, 2006 at 4:36 pm:

Hi Kelli. Just wanted to say thanks for all of the great info you’ve posted out here on places to eat in NYC. My husband and I will be visiting the Big Apple this weekend (our first trip there!) and have found your posts very helpful. Hope I can find some Amai tea cookies to bring home to Wyoming!

Kelli Bernard says on December 11th, 2006 at 8:37 am:

Have a great trip Linda! Let us know where you end up :)

circulartv.com » Blog Archive » Win Trip To See Rachael Ray Show - Contests says on March 22nd, 2007 at 7:13 am:

[...] Lovescool – For the Love of Dessert ” Blog Archive ” Amai on Rachael Ray … “snack of the day” on the Rachael Ray Show this Friday, December 1. The show will … To ensure they arrived in perfect shape, I personally delivered the … [...]

Heather Gorman says on January 10th, 2008 at 6:07 pm:

Congrats on your RR snack of the day debut!!! What tips can you give me on getting my chips on the show. I have already been contacted by the show and have spoken to the gal who coordinates the show and I will be sending samples to her early in February. Any comments or advice that you can give after being on the show??
Has your appearance on the show increased your business?? I am really excited for you!!
EAT your DRINK and BE MERRY!!
Heather G.
President
Intoxi-Tators, Cocktail Inspired Potato Chips

Kelli says on January 11th, 2008 at 3:55 pm:

Hi Heather, Good luck! Sending in your samples is the best thing you can do. I hope it works out better for you than us. We did not see any change in our business after being on the show, neither did another business that I know was on after us.