Two events are going on in NYC this weekend that will leave you full of good food.
The 9th Avenue International Food Festival & Street Fair
May 19-20, 9:30 am – 6:30 pm
9th Avenue from 37th Street to 57th Street
Contact: Ninth Avenue Association (212) 581-7029
Ninth avenue is closed to cars from 37th Street to 57th Street, making room for hundreds of “ethnic food shops and fine restaurants offering an eclectic global smorgasbord of national and regional foods.” Some of the dessert highlights include:
- Baklava and strudel from Poseidon Greek Bakery, near 45th.
- Carrot cake and apple pie from the Little Pie Company at 43rd.
- Breads, brownies and cookies from Amy’s Bread, near 47th.
- Cheescakes from Martha Francis.
- Plenty of zeppolis, funnel cakes, and egg creams from the usual New York City vendors
Pastryscoop.com’s Spring 2007 Conference
Sunday May 20, 2007
The French Culinary Institute
462 Broadway (at Grand Street)
New York, NY 10013
Workshops $50 each
A collection of workshops taught by fine pastry chefs from around the city. Get recipes, meet other pastry lovers and try great desserts. Many workshops are full, but a few good ones are sitll open, including:
- Delicious Alternative Baking by Dianne Rossomando
- Experiential Desserts by Will Goldfarb from Room 4 Dessert
- Desserts from the Sweet Spot (his new cookbook) by Pichet Ong from P*ONG