text/html; charset=utf-8" /> Lovescool – For the Love of Dessert » Blog Archive » Peace, Love and Matcha

March
2008

Peace, Love and Matcha

Matcha!

Matcha, and more specifically, matcha cookies, have been traveling through cyberspace and uniting people around the world. All starting with a common recipe, and a goal to make something special for friends and family.

I posted the recipe for our green tea (a.k.a. matcha) tea sweets last June, and since then I have been watching bloggers make their own versions of the cookies. I had no idea the recipe would circulate like it did, and it has been amazing to watch the variations and personal touches everyone has added. Many tried using different teas, and even espresso, which I think is a great idea. To say thank you to all of those creative chefs out there, I thought I’d post a wrap-up of the ones I could find. I encourage you to explore each of the sites to see what else these bloggers from around the world have done.

If you want to try your own, here’s a link to the original post with the recipe.

Thanks everyone!

Honey Pot – Los Angeles, CA

Rice and Noodles
Rice and Noodles

Cavoletto di Bruxelles
Cavoletto di Bruxelles

cavoletto says on March 29th, 2008 at 1:03 pm:

how lovely they look all together! :-) ) Thanks for rounging them up, and even more thanks for sharing this great recipe! ;-)

maddy says on March 29th, 2008 at 1:53 pm:

There’s a reason these are so popular! Thank for a great recipe.

Bernie says on March 29th, 2008 at 10:38 pm:

Hello Kelli,

Thank you for linking my entry to your post (I feel rather honoured -blush-)but I’ve decided to change my blog name due to a few personal issues and I have to do it before Uni reopens. So as a request, could you relink it to:

Blog Name: I’ll do it for cookies!

Link back to:

And thank you for the wonderful green tea recipe as well! =D

Bernie

Bernie says on March 30th, 2008 at 2:19 am:

Hmm, I just realised that I forgot to tell you which website I’m from. >_> Its from Bernetti’s.

Sorry for the trouble!

joey says on April 3rd, 2008 at 6:20 am:

What a incredible coincidence! I was just looking at your matcha sweets recipe (link from Sweet Temptations) and then clicked on “home” to see your latest post…lo and behold a round up of all the bloggers green tea cookie posts!!! This must be my lucky day :)

ting says on April 7th, 2008 at 11:44 am:

Hi Kelli,

I couldn’t resist these pretty cookies:) Baked them last weekend. Have a look at my blog! Thanks for sharing :)

Pille says on April 8th, 2008 at 9:09 am:

I enjoyed making and eating these, and I know of at least one other Estonian who has made these cookies, too :)
Thanks for posting the recipe!

Elyn says on April 10th, 2008 at 10:21 am:

Hi Kelli, thanks for grouping up the pixs, it’s sure interesting to see the different variations!

Sharon says on April 10th, 2008 at 5:51 pm:

Hello!! I LOVED the cookies as well; I am also a tea lover and love cooking with tea. I do not cook using white flour so I also made your cookies last month using barley flour, they came out amazing! here is the link if you are interested: http://cook-aunaturel.blogspot.com/2008/03/green-tea-cookies-made-with-barley.html

I’ve also been following your blog and will be in NYC this weekend and can’t WAIT to finally come in and sample a dessert!

LINA says on April 14th, 2008 at 7:39 pm:

I’m a master of Japanese tea ceremony (practicing for 13 years). It is so great to see how widley accepted matcha has become around the world! :) It tastes great and is very healthy, packed with vitamin C!!

Dora says on April 25th, 2008 at 2:58 am:

hi,
great round up! here’s another link if you’d like to add it, the post is in Hungarian but the recipe is yours :)

Bernie says on April 26th, 2008 at 6:40 pm:

Hi again,

I’ve changed my blog address once more and finally settled for
Blog Name: Beaten & Baked
Link: http://beatenandbaked.wordpress.com/2008/03/29/bernie-makes-matcha-cookies/
(was I’ll do it for cookies! previously)

Anyway, there’s no need to do anything to the links, don’t want to bother you and all. But I’ll leave the links here! =D

Thanks
Bernie

Cristina says on June 14th, 2008 at 6:01 pm:

Always a little late to the party, here’s my post on these wonderful sweets: http://philacraft.blogspot.com/2008/06/go-round.html Thank you for sharing the recipe!

Y says on June 25th, 2008 at 6:28 pm:

I’m about to try this recipe too. I bookmarked it awhile back, and am been hoping to make them when I had some spare time. Thanks so much for sharing it :)

suzanne says on October 26th, 2008 at 3:46 pm:

Hi Kelli,

I’ve been wandering for a long time, looking for THE Green Tea recipe. Thank you. Now I found it.

I just baked them this evening, and somewhere in Paris, 2 stomachs are full with these gorgeous “sablés”.

I followed your advice and doubled the quantity, then froze a half.

I have posted some pictures of the cookies I baked here (my blog is in french..): http://www.by-susu.com/article-24125340.html

Thank you again, and congratulations for your so beautiful blog.

Jia-lin says on November 24th, 2008 at 5:50 am:

Hi

Thanks for all the nices matcha recipes!
Iam searching for the matcha pie recipes. I have eat it ones, it was really yammy. Try to search the recipe but cant find it :( have you any tips?

leona says on November 24th, 2008 at 2:10 pm:

Awesome site!
FYI,
I took this great class over the weekend that you guys might be interested in.
Here is the link: